For full-semester and second eight-week courses, you will be given the option to select the “credit/no-credit” (CR/NC) grading option as outlined in the Student Code. The following modifications to the CR/NC grading will be in effect for the Spring 2020 semester only.
- You have until April 30, 2020, to elect CR/NC grading.
- Courses taken with CR/NC may be used to fulfill major, minor and General Education requirements.
- There is no limit on the number of courses selected for CR/NC.
For a small number of courses that must significantly alter their assessment strategy, instructors may request a switch away from standard course grading (A/B/C/D/F) to “pass/no-pass” (PA/NP) grading for their course. This option is only anticipated for courses where the assessment modification makes it difficult to fairly assign letter grades.
- If a course is approved for PA/NP grading, all students will be assessed using the same pass/no-pass criteria. There is no option for students to select standard grading.
- Your instructor will let you know in the near future if your course is converted to PA/NP grading